Kenmore Middle School 200 S. Carlin Springs Road, Arlington, VA 22204 Please save the date for the first APS Dyslexia Conference, which will address building knowledge, interventions, accommodations and more! Mark your calendars – registration will open in early October.
Keynote Presenters: We are thrilled to announce that Ameer Baraka, actor, educator, activist and author of The Life I Chose, and Miya Ali, an adult with dyslexia and daughter of Muhammad Ali, will join us as Keynote Presenters. Breakout Sessions will include:
- Overview of the Orton-Gilligham Methodology
- Understanding Dyslexia and Ways to Support the Dyslexic Learner from K-12 and Beyond
- Essential Strategies for Teaching Mathematics to Students with Dyslexia
- AIM for Success: Using Technology to Remove the Barriers of Print-based Text
- There is No Such Thing as a Sight Word
- Dyslexia and Comorbid Conditions
- Dyslexia and the HOTS (Higher Order Thinking Skills)
- Discovering the Gift of Dyslexia
- Dyslexia Forward: Why Now and Where Are We Going?
- APS Reading Interventions Overview